Espa Facial Ritual
Cleansing and exfoliation is key here, removing dull skin cells to optimise the absorption and potency of your ESPA products. So deeply cleanse and exfoliate your skin first, followed by a refreshing and revitalising spritz of spafresh, our beautifully aromatic toner.
When exfoliating avoid the eye area and gently massage your exfoliator into skin, paying particular attention to any dry areas, before rinsing off with warm water.
An effective facial will transform your skin and every therapist’s secret weapon in this process is massage techniques. Firm pressure with a facial treatment oil will stimulate circulation and help promote a healthy glow.
- Warm a few drops of your facial oil in the palm of your hands. Cup hands over your nose and inhale the calming aroma for a few seconds.
- Place your hands on both cheeks, then one hand on your forehead and one on your chin to apply the oil.
- Slide hands up your décolleté and neck, then work in small upward circular movements to spread the treatment oil over the rest of your face up to your hairline.
- Use the index finger and thumb on both hands to gently pinch the jaw line – repeating all the way along.
- Massage your cheeks in upward circular movements.
- Starting at the inner brow, use your index finger and thumb on both hands to gently pinch along both brows. Then, using your ring finger, very lightly circle inwards under the eye from outer to inner corner. Repeat twice.
- Using both middle fingers - crisscross in firm strokes up the centre of the forehead from the bridge of your nose to your hairline. Repeat a few times.
- Finally, using small circular movements, massage your forehead, working from the centre across to your temples. Finish by applying light pressure for a few seconds to each temple to ease tension and release.
- Lavish your chosen mask over face, neck and décolleté.
- Apply Soothing Eye Lotion to two damp cotton wool pads and rest on your eyes.
- Lie back and relax for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove the mask with a warm face cloth or damp cotton wool, and revive your skin with a spritz of spa fresh.
To target specific concerns, place four drops of your chosen serum onto your fingertips and warm product.
- Place hands on cheeks – then one hand on forehead and one on chin to apply. Slide hands up the décolleté and neck and quickly spread over the rest of the face.
- For the gentlest application place the eye product of choice onto both ring fingers and warm product.
- Beginning of the inner eyebrow place product to the end of the brow and continue under the eye towards the inner eye area.
- Continue to circle the eye area until the product has absorbed.
- Place the chosen moisturiser onto the finger tips and warm product
- Place the hands on the cheeks - then place one hand on forehead and one on chin to apply. Slide hands up the décolleté and neck and work in small circular movements spreading the product over the rest of the face.
Allow your skin ten minutes to embrace the goodness of the extracts before applying your make-up.